Some great articles across the interwebs this week. I’m only linking to a few, so not to overwhelm. I’ve been sharing plenty of good reads on Twitter, too. Are you on there?
In this week’s money fail — I set up an auto withdrawal from our checking accounts to my IRA. I promptly forgot I did this. Then, on payday, I manually sent money to the IRA. The good news is my old self will thank me for the extra bit of money in the IRA. The bad news is we have a lot less cash to float us through until next payday. Doh!
We are still waiting for all the kinks to be worked out in our new cash flow system. It’ll be great to have everything automated, so long as I remember not to manually transfer money without really meaning to.
- What to do with saved cash when you cut expenses? @Tips&Treasures. It is so key to put saved money toward your next goal. Mary cut her cable bill, and is putting that savings toward her car loan. YES!
- Consumer is king, believe it or not. Now act like one! @ One Cent At a Time
- Mobile Wallet: Path to financial ruin? @Bible Money Matters. I don’t have a smartphone, but wow. Not having to carry even a wallet sounds interesting. I wonder what they do to keep these secure.
- Live a little. Have a latte! @My Broken Coin
- 10 things you to do save money that end up costing you more @Life Hacker
- Simplify your menu @Living Well on Less
- What NOT to do: Fail to save @ The Debt Princess