Can you believe the weather earlier this week? We enjoyed the sunshine and balmy temps. Now it’s snowing, and that’s ok. It’s January, after all. There’s Vivie in the yard, doing her classic tongue roll. The girl is 12m and still has no teeth. She’s always rolling her tongue like that. Silly!
I wanted to draw attention to my updated disclosure policy for this site. This page outlines how I earn income. I think it’s important that you know this info on this blog, and others. Plus, the FTC says so! In the future, rather than just say a post contains affiliate links as I have been doing, I’ll link to that page AND tell you there are affiliate links. Gotta be clear.
Next, please vote in my poll on how I should present retirement info to you. The poll wasn’t working yesterday morning but it’s fixed now (though do let me know if there are problems). Voting should take 10 seconds or less, and it’ll help me make sure I’m spending my time wisely in preparing this info. I’d hate to spend hours and hours creating an ebook, to have no one care to read it. Or do a big ol’ blog series, only to make you all unsubscribe.
- Congratulations to my friend Laura and her family, who welcomed their second son, Cason Reed, to their family on Jan. 6.
- Really excited for Crystal Paine and her new book, The Money Saving Mom’s Budget. It’s amazing to hear of how the book’s proceeds are doing so much good in the Dominican Republic. Amazing!
- Menu Plan Monday: Strategies to Start. Simple, effective way to start meal planning.
- What in the world, Suze Orman? PT Money talks about why Suze Orman’s new, prepaid debit card is a lousy idea. The drama continued throughout Twitter, and then she appologized. Crazy PR move. I’m not really a Suze fan, and I’m even less of a fan now.
- Here’s a series I need: Managing Life as a Work-at-Home Moom: How to Juggle it all pt. 1
Along those lines, I recently read Rachel Meeks’ ebook, Simple Blogging.* It has ideas and info in there that I’m applying to my own blogging, helping me to nail down my blogging priorities and accomplish tasks faster. (Affiliate link. See my disclosure policy above.)