Earlier this month, I outlined some goals for 2011. I’m already ticking along, so I thought I’d share a quick recap:
– 529 plans for the kids. As I discussed in my series earlier this month on college savings, we went ahead and opened 529 accounts for Jonathan and Vivienne.
– Open Roth IRA. We had been saving for awhile to have enough for an IRA with Vanguard, and we set up an account there and transferred the money. Pretty simple, and now we’ll just need to deposit money each month into the account and watch it grow.
– House savings. Working on it!
– Run a 5k this year. I haven’t run a single step. It’s been really cold and snowy and I’m not going outside for that. We bought a compact exercise bike and Shane and I have been using that as a way to build up our cardio and leg muscles. I like it well enough and I hope that it’ll give me at least a little benefit, and once the weather warms up I hope to hit the road and start running for real.
– Complete the Bible by June 9. I’m about a third of the way through and I think I’ll hit my target date. I’m almost exclusively reading on my iPod Touch using the free Bible app from YouVersion. Love it!
– I’ve read 5 books this month. The last time I read that many in a month…I don’t even know. I read two on my iPod using the free Kindle app. Those titles were free during a limited-time promotion. I’m keeping track of what I’ve read and I’ll share the “best of” at the end of the year.