I finished my last batch of freezer meals, and whoosh, am I tired! Glad I got it done, though. I’m about out of freezer space for now. We have a few bags of frozen fruit for smoothies and once that’s gone, I *might* double a meal here and there, but I’m not making myself any promises.
Today, I made:
– Meatloaf balls (just a simple meatloaf recipe that I made into meatballs instead of a loaf so we could grab a few at a time)
– Chicken stuffing casserole x2. I precooked the chicken last night. This isn’t a recipe to write home about, but it’s better than PB&J for dinner!
– Cheesy manicotti with added spinach x2
– Mexican black bean layered bake thing x2 I was all cooked out today, so I ended up using one for dinner tonight instead of putting them both in the freezer. Oh well. (Manicotti and the layered thing recipes are from my friend Sally Ann)
These meals are joining:
– Sauce for bowtie pasta (with sausage, tomatoes and cream…mmmm!) x4
– Caribbean jerk chicken
– Browned ground beef x2
– Taco meat
– Creamy chicken casserole x2
For a total of 17ish meals (the ground beef isn’t a full meal obviously). Some of these things will make enough leftovers for the following day’s lunches.
I’ve also got a list of some quick and easy crockpot meals and things I can throw together without a whole lot of effort or thought.
I tackled these meals by doing a few at a time or doubling up on a recipe for that night’s dinner. Spreading it out made it much easier on me. If I tried to do all of this in one day, I’d surely end up with a sore body!
As far as Thanksgiving goes, we’re ordering in this year. I placed a reservation with a restaurant and they will have it all packaged up and ready for me to pick up on Thursday morning. I am really excited.