Over the past few days, I’ve been trying to get over a cold. Ugh. Being sick is no fun, and if there’s anything good that can come of it, it can force yourself to slow down a bit and just rest and recover.
Here are a few things that I like to do when I’m sick:
– Drink orange juice, tea and water
– Eat soup and other warm foods
– Rest near a humidifier or take a hot shower and let the steam work its magic. After reading reviews on Target.com, I settled on this frog humidifier. Lol. It was the same price at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I had a $10 off $30 coupon there so I picked it up for $25. We had it on last night and it worked really well. I’m hoping it at least gets us through the winter!
– SLEEP! Lots and lots of sleep
That’s pretty much all I can do at this point, I think. It’s not a terrible cold, but its enough to make me feel run-down and annoyed. Hope you’re avoiding these seasonal germies!
Here’s some links I’ve been wanting to share with ya:
- Which cookies ship the best? P.S., I’m Cookie Monster’s Sister. Totally.
- You can be generous when you’re broke. Especially around this time of year and with the economy in the tank, it’s important for us to remember to keep on giving however we can.
- Extending tithing to what I already have. In a similar vein, you can give much more than money to people in need!
- Why charitable giving is even more important in an economic downturn. Absolutely.
- Reducing the cost of birth and babies. I’ve acquired all that I’ve intended to acquire before the birth of our son. Soonish, I plan to share with you what we’ve purchased and received and the total cost so far. It’s a large figure, but less than I expected.
- Skimp on the unimportant so you can spend on what matters. Love this post.