I just feel so fortunate. This week, I thought I’d keep track of our financial blessings.
– $10 gift card to Panera from bank debit card rewards program. Shane and I went out to lunch with it and had a nice meal and only paid a few dollars above the gift card amount.
– $28 price adjustment for Shane’s shoes. It was time to buy him some new shoes and we found a great pair. What’s even better, I discovered that they went on sale and we were able to recoup the difference.
– $20 bonus from ING. I don’t have this yet, but I’ve already used my ING Direct debit card five times this month with purchases of $10 or more, so I’ll get the bonus. I paid my car insurance premium in full, bought another digital converter box from Amazon.com using our $40 government coupon, bought some underthings from VS (see below), and put gas in my car twice. $10 fill-ups each time, heh.
– $3.50/per pack of Pampers at CVS thanks to sales, coupons and ECBs. I picked up two more packs of diapers, since CVS was having a great deal. And, I’ve earned $5 in ECBs to use next time!
– $16 shipped deal from Victoria’s Secret. It came at exactly the right time for me, too. I’ve been needing some more underthings! The package arrived today and it includes a $10 coupon to use in December.
– Free shocks and car wash. During our annual car inspection (required by the state), I discovered that the shocks in our car were going bad. I took it to the car dealership, where they fixed it totally free since the car is still under manufacturer’s warranty. They even washed the car before returning it to me! It really needed it, too.
These little things really add up financially. But what’s more, it makes me realized just how blessed we are.