Also coming up: I need to get the car serviced and ready for winter, and I need to seal our windows with plastic to help keep the cold out. We did this last year and I think it helped us save a ton of money on our electric bill. Our highest bill was $89 last February, with many winter months topping out in the $70s or lower.
Earlier this month, I discussed how I was going to try to go cash-only for October, just to try something new. We have a week left of this month, and I’m not out of money yet! I’ll give you an update soon.
Here’s some things you might enjoy:
I added a new widget to my left sidebar for You Data. It’s a new ad service that pays you to view ads. I’ve been a member for about two weeks, and I’ve received a small payment each Friday via PayPal. Maybe you can sign up with them to earn a little money to snowflake toward savings or debt. You can view links on the You Data main site, and if you view them from a widget on a blog (like mine) you can decide how much to keep and how much to share with the blogger. Interesting concept! We’ll see how this works out.
Here’s some links you might appreciate:
- When the budget is tight: 10 things you can stop buying at the grocery store
- Making your own household cleaners
- 1,000 ways to save I’m amazed at the hard work this blogger did to compile this list (broken down into ten posts with 100 tips each). Go through it, be inspired and perhaps learn some new ideas!
- Back to basics: 79 budgeting resources you’ll love at My Supercharged Life
From my friends at the Money Life Network:
- Stop paying taxes on work bonuses – legally at Milk Your Money
- What are your kids gift expectations? at Free From Broke
- What to do with pumpkins after Halloween at Remodeling This Life
- Another easy money-maker: Write reviews at Bible Money Matters
- How is what we’re going through now different from the 1930s at My Investing Blog
- Start saving money for holiday expenses at Prime Time Money
(Photo: I took this last weekend at the Christmas in the Woods festival in eastern Ohio)