I recently ordered my baby’s car seat, a First Years True Fit car seatand I wanted to share how I got it for a great price. Last month, I described how I shop for general deals and I shared how I could get this car seat for $155. Well, I’m glad I waited because an even better promotion came along!
1. Visit Amazon.com and select your seat pattern.
You must choose Amazon.com as your seller to get additional discounts. Prices range from $179.63 to $182.19 for the ones available from Amazon.
2. Add to your cart. Select free “super saver” shipping.
3. Use discount code: visababy to get 10% off your Amazon baby order! This code expires soon (Oct. 15, I think) so you’ll want to act quickly. This will take $17-18 off your order instantly.
4. On the car seat product page under the “special offers” section, you’ll see how you can get a free two-year subscription to Cookie magazine OR a $15 mail-in rebate. I’m opting for the rebate. Here are instructions for how to get it.
5. Gather up all of your loose change, and if you think it’s over $5, take it to your nearest CoinStar machine. If you deposit money and opt for a gift certificate (Amazon is one of several choices) instead of a cash voucher, you won’t have to pay the $0.08 or whatever per dollar. If you have less than $5, it won’t give you a gift certificate. It’ll give you a cash voucher instead. Use this money for additional savings on your purchase.
You can get this seat for as little as $147 after discounts and rebates! Considering it costs $189 at Target and Babies R Us, I think this is a pretty good deal. If you’re seeking a different car seat (or baby item) you can follow these same steps to save a little bit of money.
The Graco SafeSeat Infant Car Seat is a popular model, and following the steps above, you can get it for $100.96 with free shipping! Right now, that seat is going for $139.99 at Babies R Us and $129.99 at Target.
**Note: Amazon links are affiliate links.