Apr 10 2008
Warning: This has nothing to do with saving money.
The “seven random things” meme has come back to me, and I feel like I should participate again. For one, several bloggers (Jessica at Pianomomsicle, Julie at The Health and Wellness Post, and Frugal1StopMom ) have tagged me recently, and two, it’s been awhile since I did it the first time.
So, hmm. What in the world can I tell you that you don’t already know about me?
1. I’m 5’10” tall. I like my height, but for some reason, people can make the dumbest remarks about it. Example: “Do you play basketball?” If I’m feeling snarky, I might say, “No, do you play miniature golf?”
2. Instead of bball, I play piano. A little bit. I took lessons for about a year or so. I sight-read slowly, and prefer to play by ear if I can. I can plunk out a few songs, but it’s nothing exceptional. Someday, when I don’t live in a third-floor apartment, I’d like to have a piano again.
3. My sense of smell is my strongest. I like being able to distinguish various smells, and I always love it when a familiar scent takes me back to a happy memory. The other day, when buying herbs, I smelled garden hose water as it came in contact with hot asphalt. Immediately, that reminded me of a hot summer day, with a sprinkler overshooting the lawn and hitting the driveway. Ah, summertime.
4. My vision is my worst sense. Every year, my eyesight gets a bit weaker, and it drives me nuts. As soon as my vision stabilizes some (and as soon as I can save enough money) I want to have that Lasik surgery. That would rock my world.
5. I don’t watch much TV, but I do have a few favorite shows that I can’t miss: Lost and The Office. Also, I love Law & Order and Law & Order: SVU, and I usually catch American Idol, even though this season is lousy.
6. When I was in middle school, I took a career self-assessment that suggested I’d be a great fire chief.
7. I’ve had 14 teeth pulled at the dentist office. Good grief. Two were wisdom (the other two wisdom teeth never developed, thank goodness), eight baby teeth with their massive roots intact (four pulled in two separate instances) to make room for other teeth, and four permanent teeth. I just have a small mouth, I guess. There are 24 teeth in my mouth, and it’s a tight fit.
Now, to tag seven people. I’m going to choose seven recent commenters (thank you for commenting! I <3 it):
http://www.northerncheapskate.com/ http://hyperactivelu.wordpress.com/, http://tidbitsoftammy.blogspot.com/, http://www.gotchababy.blogspot.com/ , http://www.breakingeven.typepad.com/ , http://www.stretchingabuck.blogspot.com/, http://20saver.wordpress.com/