I have a cold. Grr.
I can’t remember the last time I was sick. I think it’s been well over a year, so I guess it’s my turn again.
Time to use those stocked-up CVS/Walgreens/Rite Aid meds!
I’m going to attempt to get rid of this thing the "frugal" way (more like the "I don’t want to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to" way).
- I’ve been taking Zucol (I think that’s what they’re called?), which are supposed to help shorten the intensity/duration of a cold
- I’ve been getting extra sleep and I’m taking it a little easier
- I’ve been drinking hot tea, which feels great on my throat
- I’m also drinking plenty of water (as I usually do) to keep those fluids moving
- Happily, chicken soup was already on my menu for the week. It really does make you feel better!
- I’m going to let it run its course if at all possible
I really hope my husband doesn’t catch whatever I’ve got. I’m going to wash our bedding a little sooner than scheduled, and wipe down doorknobs and other possibly germy surfaces.
If I’m not better by the end of next week, I’ll call my doctor. I hope it doesn’t come to that, though. I don’t like sitting in waiting rooms, getting whatever germs sick people have left behind, or anything about it, really. Well, except for the part where they can help you get better. I like that. heh.
Also, Wise Bread has a post on frugal cold fighters.
What do you like to do when you catch a cold?