Welcome, Bloggy Giveaways contest hopefuls (and my lovely regular readers)!
If you’ve never heard of them, bibliophiles, take note: You’re going to love that site.
PaperBackSwap, or PBS, is a way to get rid of books you no longer need or want, and get books you do want (so long as another member is willing to send it to you). The service is free—you just pay shipping to get rid of your unwanted books. That means, books you request cost you nothing!
When you sign up with PBS and list at least 10 books you’re willing to get rid of, they’ll credit your account with two credits. You can use those credits to “buy” any available book on the site. Audio books are also available.
Pretty neat, huh?
I’ve gotten rid of “worthless” college texts that I couldn’t resell to the bookstore. With those credits, I’ve gotten some classics that I’ve wanted to have for a long time. Hoorah!
So, someone got my not-so-worthless anymore book at no cost to them, I paid about $2 shipping–they got a book they wanted, and I got a credit that I could use to get any other book in the PBS system at no cost to me.
If you’d like to win a credit for a book on PaperBackSwap, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Paperbackswap.com. If you don’t already have an account, won’t you use my referral link? That way, I can get more book credits (and can give away more credits!). If you already have an account, skip to the next step.
- Tell us what book you’d select if you won a free book credit. List it in the comments section below. Comments that just say "enter me, please" or something similar will be deleted.
- Be sure there is a way I can get in touch with you if you win. Entering your e-mail address in that spot on the form is a good idea. I won’t share your e-mail address with others—I’ll just use it to notify you if you’ve won.
- U.S. addresses, only, please.
- If you’d like a double entry to this contest, write about it on your blog and link back to this specific post. The trackback “ping” will let me know you entered.
- All entries must be received by midnight Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008 (EST). I will randomly select a winner and post about it and notify you on Saturday afternoon.
- Head over to Bloggy Giveaways for hundreds of other giveaways going on this week! The carnival will go live at 9 a.m. EST.
Thank you for visiting my site! I hope you’ll come back. I’m a 22-year-old newlywed, and love to find new ways to save money. Living frugally is fun, isn’t it? That’s what my blog is all about—living the frugal lifestyle and loving it.
Here are links to a few posts to help you get to know what my blog is all about.
- Join in on my year-long challenge to improve our budgets by decreasing our spending and making those dollars go as far as they can go. This week’s Better Budget Challenge #4 is available here.
- Read about our plan to become homeowners (mortgage-free) by my 30th birthday
- If Dave Ramsey was a housekeeper, here’s how I think he’d attack his chores: With gazelle-like intensity. Lol.
Also, won’t you consider subscribing to my blog?