Welcome, readers of Bloggy Giveaways! I hope you win lots of lovely prizes. I’ll be giving away at least three prizes this week. Here’s the first.
Do you wonder how your family can survive—even thrive—on one income? Perhaps you’d like to have more of a frugal mindset.
Be sure to read Miserly Moms: Living on One Income in a Two-Income Economy by Jonni McCoy.
This book demonstrates the frugal mindset at its finest. Guideline 1 states: “Don’t confuse frugality with depriving yourself.” Absolutely.
Throughout the book, you’ll see how to remove those “little wasters of your money,” be encouraged to track food prices so you know if you’re really getting a good deal, you’ll learn how to not be wasteful, and so much more.
You’ll want to read this book all the way through. For future reference, you’ll be grateful for the index at the back.
McCoy’s book is a must-read for everyone who wants to be more frugal.
I’m giving away an autographed copy of Miserly Moms, courtesy of the author herself.
Be sure to visit her web site, www.MiserlyMoms.com here.
Want a chance to win the autographed book? Sure ya do! Here are the guidelines:
- In the comments section below, write your favorite frugal tip and/or why you want to be more frugal. Comments that just say "enter me, please" or something similar will be deleted.
- Be sure there is a way I can get in touch with you if you win. Entering your e-mail address in that spot on the form is a good idea. I won’t share your e-mail address with others—I’ll just use it to notify you if you’ve won.
- U.S. addresses, only, please.
- If you’d like a double entry to this contest, write about it on your blog and link back to this specific post. The trackback “ping” will let me know you entered.
- All entries must be received by midnight Saturday, Feb. 2, 2008 (EST). I will randomly select a winner and post about it and notify you on Saturday afternoon.
- Head over to Bloggy Giveaways for hundreds of other giveaways going on this week (carnival will go live at 9 a.m. EST)!
Thank you for visiting my site! I hope you’ll come back. I’m a 22-year-old newlywed, and love to find new ways to save money. Living frugally is fun, isn’t it? That’s what my blog is all about—living the frugal lifestyle and loving it.
Here are links to a few posts to help you get to know what my blog is all about.
- Join in on my year-long challenge to improve our budgets by decreasing our spending and making those dollars go as far as they can go. This week’s Better Budget Challenge #4 is available here.
- Read about our plan to become homeowners (mortgage-free) by my 30th birthday.
- If Dave Ramsey was a housekeeper, here’s how I think he’d attack his chores: With gazelle-like intensity. Lol.
Also, won’t you consider subscribing to my blog?