This woman was trying to save money on her heat bill. It cost her her life.
According to the story by the Associated Press, the 61-year-old slept in hats and several layers. Her furnace wasn’t on, and neither were her space heaters.
The windows were iced over on the inside, and the water in her toilet bowl was frozen.
I don’t know how cold it must have gotten in her house, but that sounds quite frigid.
She could have used heat if she wanted to, according to the story.
The temperatures have really dropped around the country–let’s remember her story and stay warm.