About two months ago, I checked out a book from the library: The Complete Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn. This 959-page book is a compilation of her (now retired) monthly newsletter. Most frugal bloggers have read this cover-to-cover, as have I.
It isn’t often that I read a book for free and then decide I have to own my own copy. But if you know anything about the Tightwad Gazette, you know that this gem is a must for every tightwad’s bookshelf. It has already changed my life, and I know it will change yours.
I decided to order myself a copy of The Complete Tightwad Gazette on Amazon.com, and I ordered an extra copy for one lucky winner. A brand-new book for you and me. Hurrah!
Here’s how you can win:
- Post a comment below and share your favorite frugal tip. It can be anything–from reusing dryer sheets to buying groceries in bulk (please use your own ideas!). I’m really looking forward to your tips, so don’t forget to do this!
- Include a way that I can get in touch with you so I can mail you your prize. For example, if you use Blogger, be sure I can access your profile and blog. Or, leave your e-mail address.
- This is open to U.S. residents, only. I’m grateful to the readers I have around the world, but I can only afford to spend the $2.81 for media mail postage. You understand.
- I will accept entries until midnight (Eastern time) Saturday, November 3, 2007. I will use a generator to randomly select an entry, and will announce the winner on Sunday, November 4, 2007.
- As soon as I receive the order from Amazon, I will mail your copy. I’ll let you know when that happens.
Thank you for entering! Best wishes to you all.
If you want to tickle me pink, please come back to my blog from time to time.
Hundreds of people will be posting links to their own giveaways here at BloggyGiveaways. You won’t want to miss it!
UPDATE [Oct. 29 11:28 a.m.] I am so thrilled that you are all posting frugal tips! We’re already up to 60. This is what the Tightwad Gazette is all about–helping each other become more frugal. Keep ’em coming! (But of course, just one entry per person)