Since I had extra money from last week, I decided to put some of that toward stock-up sales. Here’s some of the extra special discounts that you can run and get if you live in Pittsburgh. But hurry! Shop ‘n Save deals end tomorrow, and Kuhn’s end on Saturday. Giant Eagle specials are good until next Wednesday, so there’s time with that one.
- L’Oreal Pro Shampoo. This week, it’s BOGO. Regular price is $4.48, but Giant Eagle simply makes the item half price, so you don’t actually have to buy two. So, $2.24 each. I had a BOGO coupon and a $1 off coupon. Since I had two products, I could use two coupons. -$2.24 for the BOGO coupon and -$1 for the secondary coupon = $1.24 total, or $0.62 per bottle. Savings of $7.72.
- Yoplait yogurt is on sale for $0.50 each this week. I had 2 coupons for $0.40 off 6. Giant Eagle doubles coupons, so that makes it $0.36 each. I bought 12 yogurts for $4.40, and then I got two catalina coupons for FREE Yoplait thick & creamy yogurt. Yay!
- Bird’s Eye steam fresh frozen veggies are on sale this week for $1. I got two coupons from coupons.com for $1 off of two, making them .50 each.
- Select spices were marked down and placed in a shopping cart. I found an all-purpose seasoning and a chicken seasoning shaker. The first was $1.50, the second was $1.15. The $1.15 spice didn’t ring up correctly, so the cashier gave it to me for free.
I bought a few other things, including milk, Ovaltene and canned salmon. My total was $20.39. Without coupons and sales, I would have paid $34.01.
Shop ‘n Save
- This week, Golden Grahams, Coco Puffs and Trix were on sale for $2/ box. I had a $1 off 2 and a .75 off 2 coupon, for a total of $1.56 per box. (The .75 coupon wouldn’t double).
- Campbell’s cream of whatever soups were on sale for $1 each. I had a coupon for .35 off 4. That doubled, so I got them for $0.83 each.
- Boxed Domino’s brown sugar was on sale for .89 this week. I had a .25 coupon, making it $0.39.
- This was a cool one: Buy any 6 of certain Heinz products and get $4 off your order (it’s a coupon in this week’s flier). I bought 2 jars of Classico pasta sauce (and I had a $1 off 2 coupon for that), 3 jars of Heinz brown gravy (had a $1 off 3 coupon for those) and I bought some Bagel Bites for $1.66. Total before coupons: $10.44. After $6 off in coupons, that’s $4.44, or $0.74 for each item.
- I found some marked down fruit snacks for my husband to take to work. $1/box for 6 packages inside. I got 4 boxes. That’s $0.16 per individual pack.
A few other assorted items brought my final total to $20.38. I saved $9.95 with coupons, and several bucks more thanks to store sales.
- Pillsbury cake mix $0.66 each
- Mott’s Applesauce $1.25/jar, had coupon for $0.55 off 2, so that’s $0.70 each. Cheaper than I can find at Aldi’s!
- I got a whole roast chicken. Oh my gosh. I don’t know if I’ll survive the cooking part. I kind of hate the way the giblets feel. But, it was a good deal, at $4.96 for my lil chicken. I’ll roast in the crock pot and I’ll be able to stretch the meat and bones for several meals–just you wait.
- A few other things not worth mentioning
Total spent at Kuhn’s: $12.47
Grand total spent today: $53.24. That’s $6.76 left to spend at Aldi, if I decide to go tomorrow and buy butter, canned goods, etc.