Welp, it’s grocery-shopping day again. I went to my local friendly Giant Eagle (it seems there’s one Giant Eagle for every 12 people in this city!) and got some good deals. Lately, I haven’t been shopping there, because their prices haven’t been the lowest.
I went to couponmom.com, which is a great resource for matching up coupons to sale prices. The site helped me find deals I wouldn’t have known about otherwise, such as free shampoo. Woo!
Here’s what I bought:
- Rotini noodles .80
- Lasagna noodles $1
- 2 boxes Quaker Life Cereal $1.67 each, had coupon for $1 off 2, so $2.34
- Chocolate chip oatmeal cookie mix on sale with coupon $0.50
- Fruit snacks. Had no coupon, not on sale, but the husby wanted fruit snacks. Ok! $1.69
- Taco seasoning (I know, I know I can make my own, but I’ve never tried it, and I don’t want the first time I make my own taco seasoning to be in a dinner served to my in-laws!) $0.60.
- Gallon 1% milk $3.61
- Bryer’s yogurt $0.50 on sale, had a coupon for .50 off 4. The coupon didn’t scan properly (I was doing a DIY checkout), though I had purchased the correct items and it wasn’t expired. So, the cashier came along, keyed in .99 (I don’t know why) and then it doubled. Then he was gone. So, I got free yogurt. Ok, thanx!
- L’Oreal kids shampoo on sale for $1.49, had a .75 coupon doubled, so it was free.
- Total before sales and coupons $19.20. Total after sales and coupons: $10.62
This means I have $24.38 left to spend on groceries this week, if I attempt $35/week grocery shopping. I seriously think I can do it this week, as we have meat stocked up from last week, and most of our pantry staples. Huzzah!